All this talk at the Daily Post about the Community Pool made me realize how long it’s been since I touched base with my readers.
I hope this blog encourages an open forum– you can complain, compliment, suggest, or critique at will! I also try to provide my email address every so often so you have a direct route to me.
Still, sometimes these things fall between the cracks. With my normal over-exuberance, I started creating a million polls for you to fill out, but decided all of them came down to this one core concept:
I want you to be as happy with my blog as I am.
I do prioritize my own sense of happiness in regards to this blog, because I want to be motivated to wake up and post something– but I love you, and I want to make sure I’m listening to your ideas, too!
So here’s the only poll that really matters:
The Daily Post also suggested asking for specific feedback. If you’re in the mood to lend me a bit of your magnificent mind, I’d love to know any or all of these things:
- What is the best way for me to ask for your feedback? Ideas so far: A permanent poll or feedback form somewhere, an official survey, semi-regular posts like this, individual emails.
- What is something you would like to see more of on Rarasaur?
- What is something you would like to see less of on Rarasaur?
- What can I do to improve site organization?
- Would you visit my blogroll sites if I had a blogroll?
- If I had a blogroll, would it make more sense for it to be organized by blog topic, or by blogger style?
- Do you find the additional social media platforms (Pinterest, Twitter) helpful, annoying, limited, or unnecessary?
- How many posts a day are just too many? For those who have been following for a while, you know that sometimes I can go nuts! The response always seems positive, but I don’t want people secretly throwing darts at pictures of dinosaurs because I’m filling up their inbox with too many doses of crazy.
- Would you like to see more of me? I realized today how many of my favorite bloggers show their own face, and answer specific questions about themselves. I don’t, only because I think how I look is the most boring thing about me, but if it helps people connect more, why not?
- Is there any writing prompt or blogger challenge that you’d like to see me participate in?
- Is there anything else you’d like to get off your chest?