“Prompts for the Promptless” was created to expand minds, share ideas, and — equally importantly — find something about which to blog.
Every episode will run for a week and feature a “concept”, complete with a super-simplified definition and suggested prompts.
Then it’s your turn– use a prompt, create your own, write a poem, post a picture, tell a story, or do whatever you feel inspired to do.
- Everyone is welcome to be Prompted.
- Tag your posts with “ForThePromptless” so others can find you.
- Link back to this post so I can find you. If you do that, and give me a day, you’ll find your link in this post and my sidebar. And anywhere else I can put it to promote your involvement!
- You may participate as many times as you’d like.
Wednesday, February 20, 2013
Wabi-sabi is the beauty of the imperfect, impermanent, and incomplete. It is the beauty of things unconventional and modest. It’s not just a style of art, it’s a world view.
“Wabi-sabi is a way of seeing the world that is at the heart of Japanese culture. It finds beauty and harmony in what is simple, imperfect, modest, natural, and mysterious. It can be a little dark, but it is also warm and comfortable. It may be best understood as a feeling, rather than as an idea.” – Mark Reibstein and Ed Young
Learn more at Wikipedia : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wabi-sabi
- Share a picture of something that represents a wabi-sabi style of beauty to you
- List the 5 most beautifully imperfect people or things you can think of
- Consider, develop, or discuss the role of perfection in beauty
- Write a poem about the imperfect, impermanent, or incomplete
- Share a story about something left uncompleted
- … or make up your own prompt related to the theme!
- Heart & a Half: http://heartandahalf.wordpress.com/2013/02/20/wabi-sabi-scar/
- Everyday Gurus: http://everydaygurus.com/2013/02/20/wabi-sabi-beauty-in-impermanence/
- SortaGinger: http://sortaginger.com/flowers-hank-hill-and-beauty-in-nature/
- TheTemenosJournal: http://thetemenosjournal.com/2013/02/20/a-gnarl-of-beauty/
- GeorgeFloresWrite: http://georgefloreswrite.com/2013/02/20/hot-baldbalding-men-wabi-sabi-of-supposed-imperfection/
- MamaBearMusings: http://mauldinfamily1.wordpress.com/2013/02/21/wabi-sabi-beauty-in-impermanance/
- Day One: http://looneyatoms.com/2013/02/21/wabi-sabi/
- CheriSpeak: http://cherispeak.wordpress.com/2013/02/21/perfectly-imperfect-imperfectly-perfect/
- BreathingSpace: http://grandmalin.wordpress.com/2013/02/22/wabi-sabi-rainbow/
- Mind of a Mouse: http://jaschmehl.wordpress.com/2013/02/22/unfinished-business/
- Far Away in the Sunshine: http://farawayinthesunshine.wordpress.com/2013/02/23/much-better-thank-you-for-asking/
- ElectronicBagLady’s Bag of Bits : http://electronicbaglady.wordpress.com/2013/02/23/fresh-firecoal-chestnut-falls/
- Grayson Queen: http://graysonqueen.wordpress.com/2013/02/24/the-wabi-in-the-sabi
- A Number of Things: http://newpillowbook.wordpress.com/2013/02/25/waaabiiii-ssssaaaabiiii-stretching-an-idea-too-far/
- Rarasaur: http://rarasaur.wordpress.com/2013/02/24/time-hunting/
- Fibot: http://fibot.wordpress.com/2013/02/25/my-wabi-sabi-headband-and-new-hobby/
- The Daily Dilly Dally: http://notsoprompt.wordpress.com/2013/03/02/prompts-for-the-promptless-ep1-wabi-sabi/
- .. and you?
Thanks for watching Prompts for the Promptless!
Tune in every Tuesday night (11:30 pm PST) for another episode.