“Prompts for the Promptless” was created to expand minds, share ideas, and — equally importantly — find something about which to blog.
Every episode will run for a week and feature a “concept”, complete with a super-simplified definition and suggested prompts.
Then it’s your turn– use a prompt, create your own, write a poem, post a picture, tell a story, or do whatever you feel inspired to do.
- Everyone is welcome to be Prompted.
- Tag your posts with “ForThePromptless” so others can find you.
- Link back to this post so I can find you. If you do that, and give me a day, you’ll find your link in this post and my sidebar. And anywhere else I can put it to promote your involvement!
- You may participate as many times as you’d like.
Thursday, March 7, 2013
Schadenfreude is pleasure derived from the misfortune of others.
“Don’t reach for the halo too soon. You have plenty of time to enjoy yourself, even a little maliciously sometimes, before you settle down to being a saint.” – Ellis Peters, Monk’s Hood
Learn more at Wikipedia : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schadenfreude
Schadenfreude– like anger, sadness, or any less-than-positive emotion– gets a bad rap, though most people will agree that balance is needed in life. Still, if the concept if upsetting to you, feel free to write about it’s closest opposite– Mudita.
- Share a picture of something that represents Schadenfreude to you
- List your 5 Favorite examples of Schadenfreude in entertainment (film, comedy, theatre, literature)
- Consider, develop, or discuss the role of Schadenfreude in human understanding
- Recount a story about Schadenfreude in your own life
- … or make up your own prompt related to the theme!
- TheImaginator: Mudita- Food for Thought
- AlienRedQueen- The Cycle
- The Daily Dilly Dally – Pratfall
- ReviewerRose- Schadenfreude
- OneStarvingActivist- The Army of Unanticipated Motion
- Serendipity- Funny Story
- TheCutterRambles – Sports Hate
- Adventures of an Aussie Girl in London – Schadenfreude
- Indira – Schadenfreude
- Mind of a Mouse – Schadenfreude
- Ecofinanalysis – Schadenfreude
- ElectronicBaglady’s Bag of Bits – Strength in Weakness
- Beeblu- In the Ring
- Breathing Space – Lazy Man’s Method
- MamaBear Musings – Schadenfreude
- Heart and a Half – Literary Schadenfreude
- Fish of Gold – Schadenfreude
- Ecofinanalysis- The Colonial Contest
- PonderingSpawned- That’s Schadenfreude, baby!
- … and you?
Thanks for watching Prompts for the Promptless!
This is a short-run episode. We’ll be back to normal scheduling next week.
Tune in next Tuesday night (11:30 pm PST) for another episode.
A special thanks to those who made last week’s episode possible: Day One- The 11th Possibility / BodhisattvaInTraining- The 11th Possibility / Indira- Unexpected Guest / PonderingSpawned- The Electric Tango / GeorgeFloresWrite – the 11th Possibility / DeliberatedDonkey- Co-Parenting / KM Huber’s Blog – Thursday Tidbits / ElectronicBagLady’s Bag of Bits – No one expects the comfy chair! / MamaBearMusings – Room 666 / TheTemenosJounral- Magic is Alive at the Lake / Reviewer Rose- Alternate Universe /TheMatticusKingdom- Flip the Switch / The Daily Dilly Dally – Food for Thought / Breathing Space – Some Possible Number Elevens / A Number of Things- One More Flip of the Switch / One Starving Artist- Endless Possibilities / Being Rufina – The 11th Possibility / One Day- Parallel Universes / PonderingSpawned- Hilarity Will Ensue / Heart and a Half – Sunshine Flowers / The Imaginator – Rapture / Far Away in the Sunshine – What if / Rarasaur – Defenestration of Impossibility